In 1974, Dr. Kimikazu Ikegame was graduated from Nippon Veterinary and Agriculture University in the faculty of livestock food engineering. He did postgraduate work at Tokyo Institute of Health (current Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Public Health) and then started working at Tokyo Food Technology Laboratory of Tokyo Food Hygiene Association.
He worked for a year of 1989 at Kenya Medical Research Institute Center for Microbiological Research as a JICA expert.
After returning to Japan, he joined Mitsubishi Yuka Bio-Clinical Laboratories, Inc. (current LSI Medience Corporation) in 1992. He started up a food inspection center within the company and served as its director.
In March 2006, he voluntarily retired from the company and founded J-FSD Co., Ltd.
Main external activities
- visiting professor at Junior College of Tokyo University of Agriculture
- councilor of Japan Society of Food Microbiology
- exploratory committee member of Ibaraki-municipal certification standards for food hygiene control
- lecturer at Japan Food Industry Association, Japanese Agricultural Association, etc.
Scientific papers and magazine articles
1. Influence of Gram-Negative Microorganisms on Multiplication and Enterotoxin-Production of Staphylococcus Aureus in Food, Japanese Journal of Food Microbiology, Vol.2, No.2, 1985
2. Recommended Method for Enumeration of Lecithinase-Positive Clostridia in Human Feces, Bifidobacteria Microflra, Vol.13 (1), 1993
3. Quality Control of Boxed Meals and Prepared Foods and Related Ideas, Food Science, November, 1993
4. Bacteriological Evaluation of Boxed Meals Sold at Convenience Stores, Japanese Journal of Food Microbiology, Vol.10, No.4, 1994
5. Inspection of HACCP in the United States, Food Science, August, 1997
6. Hygiene Control at Convenience Stores, Food Chemical, March, 1998
7. Reality and Ideas of Sterilizing Washing at Food Manufacturing Sites, Food Chemical, June, 1999
8. Assessment of PCR Primers Targeting at Listeria Monocytogenes, Japanese Journal of Food Microbiology, Vol.17, No.2, 2000
9. Challenges in Developing Quality Control System at Food Manufacturing Sites, Food Chemical, November, 2003
10. Food, Microorganisms, and Food Hygiene, Biophilia,Vol.7, No.4, 2011
and many more
Website for Dr. Ikegame’s profile